The One.8R - 8 Speed - Rigid
The One.8R - 8 Speed - Rigid
The One.8R is an 8 speed, internally geared version of the One.SR. Like the SR, this bike includes many carefully selected and rigorously tested, high end components that together with our 6061 aluminum Urban-Moto frame are greater than the sum of their parts. Our unique frame design, geometry and specification have created a ride quality rivaling bikes that can cost twice as much. In addition, we have included a Shimano Alfine 8 speed transmission all neatly tucked into the rear hub, maintaining the simple, clean lines of the One and allowing the use of the Gates Carbon Drive system. If your rides include substantial climbing, this is the bike for you.
Like all of our bikes, the One.8R is built to last and includes our lifetime (frame) warranty and legendary personalized service.
Individual specs can be modified to suit your preferences. If you don’t see something you want, drop us a line and we’ll work with you to get you exactly what you need!
- Gates Carbon Drive, CDX drivetrain: A revolution in bicycle propulsion - The belt drive bicycle is not new to the world, but it is relatively new to the US. This system is much more widely adopted in European countries where cycling is a more commonly accepted means of general transportation. A belt drive replaces the traditional chain drive and can have a significant impact on the ride experience.
Benefits to the belt drive include: Longevity: lasts up to and beyond 3 times as long as a traditional chain drive, Ease of maintenance: no lubrication required, Cleanliness: no lubrication = no greasy build up and no grease stains on your leg or you favorite pair of pants, Direct power transfer: no stretch and lack of moving parts in the belt means when you press on the pedals, energy is immediately and efficiently transferred to the road. Last but not least, the Gates CDX drivetrain feels silky smooth and with no metal to metal contact, it is virtually silent! It also looks really cool.
- FOX dropper post: The greatest innovation in cycling this century - The dropper post is becoming very popular in the mountain biking community, but has yet to be applied to bikes outside of that realm. The idea with a dropper post is that you can set your saddle height on the fly to suit your terrain. This is accomplished in our case by pressing a small lever on the handlebars (where a front shifter would normally be) and using bodyweight to set the saddle wherever you want it within 150mm* of available travel, then releasing the lever to lock the saddle in place.
Benefits include - Ease of mounting and dismounting: Drop the saddle at the end of your ride and you will find it much easier to get off the bike and likewise when you get back on due to the substantial difference in overall height, Comfort: when rolling down a steep hill on a traditional bike, your weight is shifted forward, increasing strain on your wrists and destabilizing your riding position. With the dropper post you can lower your center of gravity almost 6”*, dramatically increasing stability and reducing arm and wrist strain. Roll up to a stop light and place your feet comfortably on the ground while still sitting on your bike, instead of having to stand in front of your seat. Cruise the bike path with the seat down when you’re not in a hurry, then transform your bike back to an urban rocket ship when it’s time to make tracks, Versatility: While it may sound like extravagance at first, once you get used to having the ability to instantly and infinitely adjust your ride height to suit your terrain and/or mood at the touch of a button, you will wonder how you ever lived without this function in the first place.
- Shimano XT Hydraulic Brakes: The gold standard in stopping power - Easy one finger braking and smooth caliper operation have made the XT’s a favorite of a very many cyclists. Coupled with Shimano Centerlock Ice-Tech brake rotors; you have yourself a safer, more powerful braking system than almost any other bike on the road.
- Custom Easton/RaceFace Wheelset with Shimano XT hubs: Wider is better - We’ve spec’d the 8SRX with 30mm wide Easton Arc 30 rims laced to smooth rolling, long lasting Shimano Alfine & XT hubs. The wider rim creates more stable platform for the tires to virtually eliminate tire squirm, even under substantial g-force. Also, the 27.5” Wheels size strikes a perfect balance of stiffness, acceleration and roll over ability.
- 3C Chopstix fork: Rigid and light! - Whether you’re a rigid bike purist, or just like the simplicity and efficiency of a rigid fork, the Chopstix fork came off of 3C’s top shelf with lightweight carbon fiber legs and a tapered steer tube to give the One a light, strong and precise front end.
- CCC Designed - Hydroformed 6061 Alloy - 650B - Urban Moto Frame
- 3C Carbon Fiber Tapered Steerer 15mm Axle Rigid Fork
- 3C Katana Carbon Urban Moto Bar - 31.8 Clamp Dia - 30mm Rise - 720mm Width
- Gates Carbon Drive CenterTrack Drive System - 50/24 Gearing
- Easton/RaceFace ARC 30 650B Rims - 32H
- Shimano XT Centerlock Front Hub - 15mm
- Shimano Alfine 8 Speed Internal Hub With 8 Speed Alfine Rapid Fire Shifter
- Shimano XT Hydraulic Disc Brakes With 180F/160R Centerlock Rotors
- Fox Transfer Performance Dropper Post With 1X Remote - 125MM Drop (S) - 150 Drop (M/L)
- Race Face Aeffect Crankset With Single Ring Cinch Spider
- Race Face X-Type Turbine Bottom Bracket
- Race Face Evolve Stem - 70/90/100 (S/M/L) +/- 5deg - 31.8
- Race Face Chester Pedals With Replaceable Pins
- FSA Orbit Carbon Headset
- WTB Moto Lock On Grips
- WTB Rocket Pro Saddle
- Maxxis Re Fuse CCC Approved For Urban Moto Tires (Options available)
- Complete Bike Weight With Pedals (M) - 26 lbs